Depression is much more than the occasional bout of sadness. Depression can be a devastating illness that affects your body, mood, behaviour, and thoughts. It can prevent you from functioning to your full ability. It can affect your everyday life making it difficult to complete daily tasks. Some days it may be a struggle for you to get out of bed while other days may be more manageable, and you might be able to function well and get some of your usual daily tasks done.
Living with depression can be extremely difficult for you and challenging for those around you. Potentially this can cause relationship problems making your depressive symptoms worse.
Symptoms of Depression
- Loss of interest in activities and/or hobbies that you used to enjoy
- Low motivation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleeping a lot or trouble sleeping
- Irritable or intolerant of others
- Tearful and worried
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Tiredness and lethargy
- Loss of libido
- Difficulty making decisions
How Can Counselling Help for Depression?
When you come for counselling sessions with me, you can discuss the issues that are impacting your life in negative ways. This will help you explore and understand your thoughts and feelings. My role is to listen, give feedback and help you to develop strategies to help you cope. When you attend sessions with me, counselling will:
- Give you a safe space to talk where you won’t be judged
- Help you understand yourself better
- Help you recognise unhelpful patterns in the way you think and act and work out ways to change them (if you wish to)
- Help you resolve complicated feelings and help you find ways to manage them
How Do I Book A Counselling Session with You?
To book a counselling session, contact me by calling or texting me on 07975590268. You can email email@example.com. As well as working in the daytime, I also work evenings and weekends. I offer telephone and online counselling.
I am based in Swansea City centre. I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)